These services are intended to help patients develop and enhance their current physical, occupational, and speech condition. Therapy Services can be done in an inpatient setting, outpatient setting, or provided in the comfort of someone’s home by a qualified home care agency.All therapy services must be ordered by a physician.
Therapy Services includes
- Physical Therapy (PT) – exercise programs developed and implemented by a certified Physical Therapist that help patients restore function, mobility, and overall physical fitness and health.
- Occupational Therapy (OT), – activities and exercises developed and implemented by a certified Occupational Therapist that help patients develop their sensory-motor, perceptual, and range of motion functioning so they can perform daily living skills.
- Speech Therapy – speech and hearing exercises developed and implemented by a certified Speech Therapist that help patients with speech and language disorders both short and long term.
Examples of when Therapy Services may be needed:
- Regaining strength after a sports injury.
- Helping someone with arthritis.
- People with amputations that need to learn how to live with their prosthetic.
- Those who have conditions that affects their muscles, bones, ligaments, or tendons.
- People who are recovering from a hip or joint replacement.
- Children and adults with developmental delays that need help with fine motor skills.
- People who have suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury and need to relearn daily living skills.
- People that have osteoporosis and need help regaining their mobility.